So today started at work at 5.30am, gotta love it! Morning workout of putting all the weights away that were left out the night before!! Lots of squatting and lifting between 5-35 kilos per weight...whew! Looking forward to starting the turbofire DVDs tonight! I had core and functional training today as a course to help my clients (and myself) so hopefully not too sore tomorrow. Core is not my strong point... BUT that means more to train right! :)
So I am working as a personal trainer and yes there are exercises I can not do yet.... This is a journey for me and I am taking people with me :) but it hit home yesterday when I showed a client an exercise and fell off the fit ball! Lol was hilarious and thankfully she thought so too haha but just reinforced how much I need to work my core.
Now if I'm right most people reading this would be in the same boat with core.... It gets tight and weak...which also makes us hunch over our desks and car steering wheel etc. so make conscious effort this week to sit up straight... It may hurt your back muscles but only because they never get used! Especially lower back. Keep reading to get tips to strengthen this without getting too sweaty... Sit up straight, shoulders back all week and see how great you feel. It's hard to feel down when your shoulders are held back and your head held high :)
A good not too hard or sweaty exercise you can do every morning to strengthen lower back to hold yourself up right are back extensions...
Every morning when you get up, lay down flat on your stomach and reach your arms out forward (sort of like you were flying- this move is also called supermans). Raise your legs up gently, and your upper body too, right off the floor while you’re keeping your head completely straight. Do a pause for a couple of seconds and repeat it again. See the link added to get the idea :)
http://www.shapeup.co.za/superman-back-extension/
It doesn't need to be a big movement to be effective for weak or sore lower back. Another tip if you have sore lower back is to massage yourself or get a massage on your glute (bum) muscles ... Especially across the top on the outside push it with thumbs.. Also try and push into your hamstrings (back of your thigh) ... If you can get a foam roller or have one at your gym, use it! They are great and releases a lot of tension all over the body, if unsure how to use it check out this link or ask someone at the gym to help you :) that's what they are for! Utilise them :)
Another good tool are little spiked massage balls- they are a solid rubber plastic and you can find the sore tight spot and lay on it and use your body weight to put pressure on it hold for 20-30 seconds then repeat about 2-3 times depending how tender it is. You can get them from any fitness shop or online :) - be aware when searching "massage balls" that a few things (possibly inappropriate things) may pop up... Type in massage balls for back.
Starting turbofire tonight! I'll let you know how I feel tomorrow!!!
Tomorrow I'm going to chat about calorie intake and fat loss and how they coincide with each other and how it is important to be eating enough food when you reach a plateau and the weight stops coming off.
Stay tuned!! Thanks for reading my blog... Hope it was informative and helps you make healthy choices that benefit your well-being.
Over and out Ninja of well-being! :)
Any questions please do ask!
No comments:
Post a Comment