What a morning, yup I work on a Saturday .. But I love my job so it's ok :) omg so I just found out ANOTHER person in the family is pregnant ... Babies everywhere in my family at he moment! It's so cool :)
I believe there will now be about 6 babies under 6months old at my wedding in November so that should be fun! I am really looking forward to it :)
Ok so today I was going to chat about natural products and how to use them on the outside of your body.
Ok so sugar! It's great! .... For the outside of your body ...not so much the inside. ..
Who doesn't love a homemade body scrub... If you went to a day spa and got a full body scrub it would probably cost you from $70 upwards! OR you can buy a fancy scrub for $50 but who wants to pay $50 for a body scrub when You can make one with the ingredients you probably already have in the pantry AND you know what's in it :)
This one is my favourite and smells so fresh and yummy
It is a my strawberry sugar scrub
...you just have to try and not eat it!
Ingredients:
2 1/2 C Sugar granulated
1/4 cup of coconut oil (organic unrefined is best)
3-5 strawberries depending on size (just enough to smell it)
Directions:
First up measure your sugar and pop it into a bowl and set aside.
Next measure out the coconut oil and put that in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt it to a liquid.(or move to Australia! Ours is often liquid lol) once this is liquid pour it over the sugar and mix it in.
Now squash your strawberries... In a bowl use a fork or chop up first..kind of make jam... Smash it till it's all pulpy and try not eat it!
Then mix that into the sugar, if you find it is to wet or not wet enough, add more sugar to make it more "scrub" like or add more strawberries to add more moisture.
It is all yours so make it to the consistency you like and voila!! All done :) pop it in a pretty jar, can use an old jam jar and make a pretty label for it. See attached pictures for ideas that I found around the web :)
Now remember this could be done with lemon instead of strawberry, or lime or orange etc, fruits with vitamin c are best as it's good for your skin. You can add bits of herbs to spruce it fancy and add a bit of brown sugar to darken the colour. Play around with it and enjoy!
Now do please remember that the oil from the scrub can build up in the tub or shower so please make sure you clean it all away with hot hot water to make sure he next person or you don't slip over next time you use the shower.
Store this air tight. You can pop it In the fridge but it's not a must... It should last several weeks :) here is a picture of the lemon one :)
--
Now this next one is also a scrub but it is really good specifically for your face if you tend to go a bit red (which as a red head I do!) it has ginger in it (ironically lol) which has anti-inflammatory properties and easy on sensitive skin, also ginger is known to tighten skin and energise it also!
Ginger sugar scrub for face and body
Ingredients:
1/4 C Coconut oil
1tbsp Ginger fresh coarsely chopped
1/4 C Cold pressed Almond oil
3/4 C Granulated sugar
1/4 C Kosher salt
1-4 drops of essential oil or essence. (I used vanilla essence) lemongrass is good too for waking you up if you'd do the scrub in the morning.
Directions:
In a small saucepan heat coconut oil and ginger pieces for approx 5-10 minutes until ginger juice and scent has gone into the oil.
Remove from heat and press through a fine mesh sieve or coffee filter.
While the mixture is still warm mix with the almond oil.
Stir to combine and let it come down to room temperature.
Stir in sugar and salt.
Add essential oils.
And pop into a glass jar or container.
To use:- scrub onto damp skin and let sit for 2-4 minutes. Using a washcloth wet with warm water steam over face or stand in hot steamy shower for a minute. Using the wet washcloth wipe oil from face and repeat until all is off :)
Good thing about this one is you're less likely to want to eat it than the strawberry one!
A 10 natural tips you can use coconut oil for... It is truly amazing stuff and had natural anti bacterial properties and healing properties :) and it's safe! You can eat it!
1. It is excellent at removing make up instead of harsh alcohol based wipes
2. Use it as a moisturizer everywhere. I use it on my legs after I've shaved or waxed them.. It stops that sting if you have sensitive skin like i do, and keep in mind a little goes a long way!
3.you can pop a few drops of eucalyptus oil in it to make your own vapour rub.
4. Eating one spoonful of it daily can help with thyroid function, improve digestion, boost your immune system and even help relieve migraines.
5. Soothes bug bites or stings
6. Add to bath water to have a ice moisturizing soak
7. Add to dogs water to freshen breathe and add to coat shine :)
8. Use on dry cuticles or cracked heels
9. Use it to moisture your nose if you have a cold or allergies
10. Massage it into scalp and hair and a moisurizing treatment (get your partner to do this for you hehe so good!)
The list would truly go on and on and on... It's amazing stuff! If you font have any, invest!! It's at the supermarket :) get unrefined organic for the best quality.
Now I know I said I'd also chat about sugar and flour substitutes but I'll save that for next blog as this one is long lol ...next one I'll also add a few gluten free recipes I've found ... Now that I'm gluten free this may happen a few times hehe love it!
Have a good day everyone
Mon x

No comments:
Post a Comment