Thursday, 13 February 2014

Not losing weight despite eating healthy and exercising? Read this!


Breakthrough!! 
Calorie intake is important!! 
Ok so the last few weeks I've been finding no matter how hard I work at the gym, no matter how healthy I eat I am still NOT losing weight, so I did a complete run over Everything I am doing and eating etc like I would for a client. For a few days I wrote down and measured everything I ate and all the workouts I did and discovered the reason I have not been able to budge my fat.... Yes I've been creating muscle but not losing fat so my eight has actually been going slightly up and down but staying within a 5kg frame without any constant down...always up and down :( so in frustration I was pedantic and really measure ALL of my food :) 
BAM! Found the problem.... So I know that nuts are healthy fats and high energy and working at the gym I always have a container of a mixture of nuts being Brazil nuts, almonds and walnuts.... Mainly brazil-nuts. Now what I discovered is a mere 6 brazil-nuts is MORE calories than 100grams of sweet potato! No way right? Way. So 100g of sweet potato is approx 86 calories... 6 Brazil nuts...approx 20g is a whopping 140 calories!!!
So my container of healthy energy in my bag has been holding me back... I've not taken nuts out of my daily eating Santa are really dense in calories but also nutrition, but I have been measuring them, having a few more almonds than brazilnuts but weighing them every evening for the day before to take to work. Within the day, did two high intensity workouts and next day have lost 400g hallelujah! Back on track. And sometimes this is all it can be... Remember energy in energy out,... If you have more going in than coming out then you will stay the same weight.... Or go up, thankfully although I'd increased my calories unknown to me... I was exercising at a higher intensity also so it's been sitting the same for a while.... So I'm quite excited the the decline is happening again and bring on July for my Nz visit and my wedding in November... My goal is to have abs by my wedding, and I will do it! Nothing standing in my way but me :)
So now a good app to use to track calories is fitness pal ... It's so good, it has every food you could want including brands, eg Paul newmans balsamic vinegar... It's all there :) ... It has all fruit, veggies and drinks etc. go for it, it asks you for your weight which you can put in also and it does a graph of it going up and down.... But only down from now on :) it can be a very small change to get you on track. If anyone gets stuck don't hesitate to message me as I am here to help everyone that needs it! Just remember to be strict... Measure measure measure.... After a few weeks you'll know how much of something is off by heart... I can put a few tablespoons of yogurt in a bowl now and know its 100g.  You will get the too, get some digital scales ...use eBay or trade me .. Don't have to spend a fortune... Mine were about $5AUD
Off eBay. And they work great! 
Ok guys so if you feel it's just not coming off despite your efforts, check the type of exercises you are doing and the food you are eating and we will get it on track. If you are feeling yucky it can also be a matter of missing out on certain vitamins or minerals... Go to a naturopath ... They can do tests for allergies and vitamin and mineral deficiency, as can your GP.
So dive in! Make it important to you because no one else will!!

Have a good day everyone and chat soon!

Also keep this quote in mind....

No comments:

Post a Comment